It’s essential to clean your roof regularly to maintain its condition and prevent water damage, but how often should you do it? As experts at roof cleaning in Metairie, LA, we’re here to answer that question for you.
Why Does Your Roof Need Cleaning in the First Place?
Your roof protects you and your home from the elements 24/7, so it’s no surprise that it can get pretty dirty. Over time, dirt, dust, pollen, leaves, and other debris can accumulate on its surfaces and cause discoloration and staining. If left untreated, this can shorten the lifespan of your roof and lead to costly repairs down the road.
Your Roof Cleaning Schedule
You should clean a new roof within five years after its initial installation. After that, you should clean it every two to three years to maintain its condition and prevent staining. We also recommend considering these factors when setting up your schedule:
- Roof type. Some roofs, such as asphalt shingles, are more susceptible to staining than others. If you have a roof made from a porous material like brick, it will also need more maintenance.
- Age. Cleaning roofs more frequently as they get older is always a good practice. By keeping its surfaces free of debris, you can quickly spot any early signs of damage and address them before they lead to more significant problems.
- Location. Do you have trees or other tall plants near your home? Is your property in a heavily industrialized area? If so, you may need more roof cleaning due to the increased amount of debris it will collect.
- Climate. Metairie, LA, is a relatively humid climate, which can speed up the accumulation of dirt and debris on your roof. As a result, you may need more frequent exterior cleaning.
Cleaning a Roof Outside of Your Regular Schedule
Even when it’s not time for your routine roof cleaning in Metairie, LA, you may still need to have it done on an as-needed basis. Some common reasons include:
- After a severe storm. Strong winds and rain can cover your roof in branches, leaves, and other debris, so it’s a good idea to give it a quick cleaning after a big storm.
- After construction work. If a recent renovation project covered your roof in debris, you’ll need to have it cleaned as soon as possible to prevent any damage.
- Before selling your property. If you’re putting your home or business on the market, you’ll want to give it a good cleaning to make it more appealing to potential buyers.
Partner with Our Metairie Pressure Wash Experts
Our cleaning services can help keep your roof in top condition all year long. From using the right cleaning solution to protecting your landscaping, we have the experience and expertise to do the job right.
If you’re ready to schedule your roof cleaning in Metairie, LA, call (504)-275-5626 today! All Clean Pressure Washing LLC also offers window cleaning, driveway restoration, and other exterior solutions.